Friday, February 25, 2011

Stick yer title up yer hole.

Je-yasus kid, I am fuckered. I haven't blogged in a bit for mostly two reasons and for lessly many more smaller reasonettes.
My Reason #1 is that, due to the cathartic power of writing shit down, the saga of Spinky has lost its urgency. Also that damn story has so many hooks and barbs catching other threads I can't streamline the bastard into a proper Thing.
In real life I am  pushing the intensity up a bit, working all day and night and not getting enough sleep. Right now is the prime example; yesterday I got up at 8am and drove home, a home that I have torn to bits in the name of renovation and is not currently habitable, even for the cat. I spent the day smashing tiles off the bathroom floor and wrestling the toilet off the wall in between bouts of breaking other stuff up with my trusty red crow-bar. Construction, they call it. Then I  drove across town to teach people how to beat each other up from 5.30pm to 8.30pm. Which left an hour and a half to get some dinner and a pint in, before doing a five hour stint in this nightclub (I write most of this crap while in a nightclub, tis very distracting.).
Finished up at 3am,drove to the house I'm staying in, got to bed by 4.30, up again by 8.15, and did the whole bastard thing again. Right now I'd give my left testie (the less handsome of the pair) for a twenty minute power nap.
And while I'm whinging here I might as well add that even under normal conditions I sometimes have trouble staying awake while driving. Back when I used to do hard physical work it wasn't too unusual for my passenger to wake me up when the lights turned green, though in fairness that was in heavy traffic where we might not move for five minutes at a time. The hour drive to bed tonight might have to be done in stages.

Some deep down weird part of me actually likes pushing this hard, I  wear the sleep-deprivation delirium like a badge of honour, which is probably a symptom of delirium induced by lack of sleep.
My eyeballs hurt. This makes me swell with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment